Thursday, June 11, 2009

Toothpaste ... it isn't just for your teeth!

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I've embarrassed myself here multiple times before so what will it really hurt to divulge one more piece of information?

So I have this blemish on my cheek next to my mouth. (Okay, fine, it is really a zit but the word "blemish" sounds so much better). Its one of those that you can feel coming on about a day before it actually breaks through the skin. Ugly and gross I know. But its a problem not only because it is nasty, but also because it hurts to smile and talk. Of course I immediately began treating it with zit cream but I didn't feel like that was really helping very much. I've been using Neutrogena's Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel for several years now. This stuff is usually fabulous and has served me well many times. It claims to reduce breakouts in 8 hours!! Maybe it used to work for me that fast, but my face must have built up a tolerance or something because it wasn't working for this particular blemish.

So when all else fails, you know what you do?

Use toothpaste.

I'm serious. Has anyone heard of this trick before? It really doesn't matter what kind, just as long as you use the actual paste and not the gel (although I've never tried the gel, that may work too). Obvs, you can only do this at night as you don't really want to walk around with a white dot on your face all day and smell like Colgate. But try it next time you're in a bind. (And admit it, this happens to you too!) I swear it works. My blemish isn't gone but it no longer hurts and I betcha it will disappear by tomorrow!

2 comments:

The Kuliseks said...

Toothpaste works like a charm! Not so much for little blemishes but for big ones its great.

Josh said...

You probably brush your teeth in hot water too.