Thursday, July 29, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
I can't really say this kid cries all that much. He will occasionally throw a little fit but it is typically because he is tired and wants you to put him to sleep. Not that I have much basis for comparison but he is a really easy baby.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
All three of us took a little outing to the Braves game on Saturday night. I didn't figure Wyatt would do so well in the heat at the game so we just went to the tailgate, which is the best part anyway so I didn't feel like we missed much! (Ben would not agree with that statement at all but he did get to go to the game and I took Wyatt home)
This picture was attached:
We were back to work on Monday and Tuesday and this is pretty much how it went both days:
He did great at the office and was happy to be there as long as I held him. I'm learning how to do A LOT of things one-handed these days!
Thursday, July 15, 2010
- I probably shouldn't admit this but I've started back to watching The Hills and I just love it. I know the show is totally meant to capture the teeny-bopper audience but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who watches it. However, the series finale just aired this week and I can't help but wonder what these kids will do now that the show is over? These kids don't REALLY work ... they have jobs but I'm pretty sure that is just for TV purposes. So, what now? I figure they'll all have to find some other TV show to star in and do their damdest to stay in the public eye. Who knows, and really who even cares?
- I've also been watching The City. I don't like it quite as much as I do The Hills, but I love Kelly Cutrone and all her antics!
- Mom and I packed away all my maternity clothes a few weeks ago. Although not everything fits just yet it was still great to get my old, and not so limited wardrobe back!! I was starting to get REALLY sick of my maternity clothes ... especially in the end when only about 3 things fit me.
- Darius Rucker may have been cool back in 1996 when he was with Hootie and the Blowfish (or was he even cool then?) but he has several country songs out now and I HATE THEM. Seriously. If I won the lottery I think my first order of business might be to pay him off to quit making music. (How much would I have to win in order to do that?)- Wyatt has discovered a new sleeping position. Actually his Meme made the discovery that he really likes sleeping on his tummy. He is a great sleeper, but tummy sleeping seems to yield even better naps so I love this! (And of course, we don't let him sleep this way at night .... only during the day and only when we are sitting right next to him - we're not gizzards!)
- I'm back to work now. Part-time until the end of this month, but it is actually good to be back. That being said, I can already see that getting another person ready for the day isn't going to be so easy. I'm sure we'll find our routine but it will just be a little difficult until we get used to it.
- I'm finally sending out Wyatt's birth announcements. Let it be said that I am NOT thrilled with them at all. Buuuuuuutttt ..... long story short it took the lady like 3 weeks to print them and ship to me and they looked awful. I had her re-print them and they are only marginally better than they were the first time. Oh well. Lesson learned. He's almost 2 months old at this point and I just don't have the time/energy to start over and order from somewhere else.
- This was maybe the most boring post in the world. I'm just trying to blog about stuff other than just Wyatt but I just don't seem to have much inspiration or material! Oh wells.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
We spent Sunday morning back down on the lake (Wyatt in the shade on the boat again) and I even tried out our newest lake toy! This was the first weekend that I felt comfortable enough to do any exercise after my c-section ... they put the fear of God in you at the hospital not to do anything to bust a stitch so I had been extremely cautious for the last few weeks! Anyway, Dad and I went out on a little kayak ride in our cove which was really fun. I still haven't been brave enough to ride the Sea Doo or the boat just yet but maybe next time!
Wyatt spent more time playing with Ellie and posed for a few more pictures on Sunday as well!His hat was just a little bit too big, so I couldn't resist taking a wigger baby picture! (Is that word offensive? If so, apologies ... not my intention to offend)
Kimmie, Dave, and I had Ashley and Mike's wedding Sunday night so we left Wyatt and Ellie with Mom and Dad. This picture was taken before we left ... I think they were saying "DON'T LEAVE US WITH THE BABIES!!!!" (Kidding ... they were happy to keep them, but I think next time they may prefer to babysit one child at a time)
The four of us had a blast at the wedding -- this one was very special to Kimmie and I because we actually introduced Mike and Ashley about 3 years ago. How is that for matchmaking success??!!? After the wedding, I drove drunk, drunker, and drunkest (won't say who was who) back to the lake so we could spend the day Monday up there.
We did Ben's family celebration at lunch Monday, where we grilled hamburgers and he opened more gifts and even had an ice cream cake!After our fun-filled day on the lake, we did take a 4th of July family photo -- the first one of the 3 of us since we were in the hospital, I believe!
And I had to include this one of Ellie because its just so cute.
We had such a fun, long weekend and can't wait for our next trip to the lake!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Although this wasn't the first time I had left Wyatt, it was the first time I had left him for a feeding. I DO NOT like to miss feedings for my little guy, but I knew he was in good hands and I left a bottle for his Lolly and Pops to give him once it was time for him to eat. Of course they did a fantastic job taking care of and entertaining and spoiling him! He's changed so much since they last saw him (and it wasn't even that long ago) so Ben and I were glad they were able to spend the weekend with him.