Thursday, October 16, 2008

On Yesterday

If you are one of the misguided souls that uses this phrase, then this post will most likely offend you. I am not sorry. There is absolutely NO REASON ON EARTH that you should ever use the phrase "on yesterday" or "on tomorrow".

This is something that I only picked up on about 6 months ago after a friend pointed it out to me. I kid you not, the day after he told me about it, someone said it to me!!!! I almost busted out in laughter when I heard it. Now I notice it all the time. And I damn sure don't correct their grammar because frankly, there is no polite way to tell someone that they sound uneducated.

Therefore, I'll hide behind my computer and correct all you idiots who use this horrible phrase.

INCORRECT: "We are coming to visit on tomorrow"
CORRECT: "We are coming to visit tomorrow"

INCORRECT: "I was so mad on yesterday when I found out that Lipstick Jungle wouldn't be on"
CORRECT : "I was so mad yesterday when I found out that Lipstick Jungle wouldn't be on"

INCORRECT: "Did you get my message on yesterday?"
CORRECT: "Did you get my message on Wednesday?" or "Did you get my message yesterday?"

Are we all clear now, people?

No comments: