Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Favorites

This week, I asked all of you to please send me an email with your favorite eye care products. Not an overwhelming participation, but I'll forgive all of you slackers :) I did receive a few good product referrals, so thanks to all of you who emailed me!

Benefit Lemon Aid -- This is an under eye/eyelid concealer that two people recommended. Here are their comments:

This is FABULOUS and i have been using it for years. It makes you look so refreshed and well rested.

Benefit Lemon Aid is sooo good for dark circles - it's yellow and concealer-like Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara

This is the most amazing mascara ever - hands down. Very "dramatic"/dressy. LOVE it.


Curel Extra Moisturizing Lotion -- Not really an eye care product, but thanks for the suggestion anyway!

I absolutely love Curel Extra Moisturizing Lotion. It makes your skin on your elbows like a baby's bottom!
Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Make Up Remover -- Two people suggested this product! Here is what they had to say:

Usually gets everything off in one or two swipes.

My favorite eye care product is Netrogena Oil Free Eye Make Up Remover. It is about $6.00 and can be found at any drug store. One bottle will last me about a month or so. (I did try the CVS Generic Brand and really saw no difference other than saving a couple of bucks). I use this daily and it leaves a clean non-greasy feeling around your eyes and removes dark eyeliner and mascara with a couple of swipes.


Sephora Eye Shadow

cheap, but good quality
Tweezerman Slant Tweezers

I'm sure I won't be the only one to suggest these bad boys. They get every itty bitty hair

Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

This is easily the best eyeliner on the market -- far superior to any of the fancier brands. It is easy to apply and lasts all day.



I hope you all enjoyed this! I think its fun and a good way to discover new products that others have had success with. Next week: shampoo.

Please email me with your favorites katherineburkett@gmail.com or just leave a comment here and I'll post it next week

6 comments:

Becky said...

Love the new Friday theme! I'm committed to that same eyeliner.

Harrison Philip Slye said...

LOVE the new Friday theme, too. Can we also get a vote on good facial moisturizers one week? I can't wait to try Curel!

SoMi's Nilsa said...

I'm going to have to try that Lemon Aid, if not for the name itself. Love it!

Megan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE favorite fridays. i second the sephora shadow fav and also the slanted tweezerman (if you buy the pink ones it supports breast cancer research - so good all the way around.)and i will definitely try the revlon liner!

EquisBuffy said...

I'm going to Sephora.com to place an order for Benefit Lemon Aid ASAP.

Erin said...

These are great suggestions - can't wait to try them. I just placed my order for Benefit LemonAid.