Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Favorites of the Month

I'll do my best to make this a recurring post. As I've mentioned before, I love shopping at the drugstore and even more than that I love discovering new products. Here are some of my most recent finds.


1) Extra Fruit Sensations Berry Pearadise gum. OMG this stuff is amazing! You can't find this just anywhere so be on the lookout for it at any drugstore, grocery store, gas station, or Target/Wal-Mart type store. This gum is fantastic -- it holds its flavor longer than most gums and stays soft as well. I had an open pack of this in my office a few weeks ago and every time I walked in, I could smell this gum. You must try it.


2) Organix Pomegranite Green Tea Shampoo -- I like to mix up my shampoos. I alternate between 3-4 different kinds each day. I'm a little neurotic about it, and Ben hates all the bottles in our shower but its something that I've always done. Because I alway alternate shampoos, I am always on the lookout for a new kind and stumbled across this one at Target a few weeks ago. Neither the shampoo or conditioner is too heavy, leaves no residue and keeps your hair smelling great all day!

3) Burt's Bees Hand Salve -- This stuff is fabulous. Especially in the winter when your hands tend to get dry and gross. I got some for Christmas and have been using it religiously every night. I don't really think it is meant to be used as a lotion, but really is meant to help smooth out and heal your hands.

4) Mucinex D -- Yeah, go ahead and call me gross if you want to. I put this on the list because I had a little cold/sinus issue last week and this stuff works wonders for masking the symptoms. I will admit that these make you a little grumpy and jittery, but they work wonders.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I am obsessed with LUSH cosmetics - especially their solid shampoos (which last forever) and the ocean salt cleanser. You can find them at Macy's, and I think they have their own store at Lenox. You must try!
http://www.lushusa.com/shop

Equis said...

Yay!! I love this feature on your blog. I have a crazy obsession with lotion. My BFF swears I am addicted. I will wake up in the middle of the night and have to put lotion on my hands and feet because I handle them drying out. Maybe if I use Burts Bees before I go to bed my sleeping wont be disturbed. Thanks and I look forward to future posts.

Becky said...

You wash your hair 3-4 times a day? I know you have weird quirks, but seriously?

Loved this post too!

Tia said...

I have tried the other "flavors" of that shampoo and liked it. I think we used the tea tree and the vanilla. Burt's Bees salve=awesome! My husband is a nurse, so that stuff is perfect for him with all of the washing and gloving.

ashley said...

I am so with you on the Organix shampoo/conditioner...and the switching out. I feel like it helps my hair do better, but nothing is helping the mop right now because I'm out of product.

I also swear by Mucinex D. It worked wonders on my allergy issue I had over the holidays. I suffered for almost two weeks before anyone shared the good word.