Thursday, December 4, 2008

Baby Ellie

Baby Ellie has finally arrived! I got a call at about 6:00 on Tuesday morning from Dave telling me that Kimmie was in labor and was headed to the hospital. (I will refrain from using any medical terms here, because I don't like hearing them).

I will admit that I was a bit shocked when Kimmie first told me that she was pregnant. I think my first comment was actually "oh .... well I'll be happy once I digest this, I know". I know that sounds horrible, but its what i said. Fast forward 9 months. When I heard my phone ring Tuesday morning, I was dripping wet from my shower yet I leapt across the room to get to my phone. I couldn't have been more excited!

I somehow managed to pull myself together and go to work for a few hours. Mom came by the office and rode over to the hospital with me. The whole time when I was waiting on mom to get there, I was barely able to work. Finally, we made it to the hospital where I thought things would move rather quickly. They didn't.

Dave was as calm as can be when he came down to the lobby to lead Mom and I up to their L&D room. We went in there to find Kimmie not quite her usual chipper self. I have to say that although she wasn't as upbeat as she usually is, she was never ever rude or mean despite the great pain that she was dealing with. She finally got an epidural a little while after lunch and once that kicked in she was a happy camper. Making jokes and all.

I won't go into all the specifics, but eventually the doctor came in and decided that it was baby time. During "baby time", Kimmie went through an hour of pure hell. There is not a thing in the world you can do to comfort someone as they go through labor but to feed them ice and give them cold washcloths. I was an awesome waschloth runner though. And I scooped up some seriously mean spoonfulls of ice! I think I even threw in a few words of encouragement as well.

After 15 hours of labor, Ellie Grace Heglin was born at 9:31 PM on 12/2/2008. She weighed 7lbs 3 oz. and was 20 inches long. She is beautiful and and perfect and I cannot wait to get to know her over the years. I know I'm going to be the awesomest aunt ever!! Both Kimmie and Ellie are recovering well and were released from the hospital this afternoon.

Ellie was about 10 minutes old when this photo was taken.

Ellie meets Mom and Dad


Ellie meets Awesome Aunt Katie and Awesome Uncle Ben. (Awesome Aunt Katie doesn't look so Awesome in this photo ... don't judge)

If you want to see more photos of Ellie G, click HERE!

4 comments:

Megan said...

she is precious!!! i still can't believe you were in the room during the delivery - so cool! i am really proud of you! please tell kimmy hello and that i am so excited for her.

WellBeing said...

Awesome Aunt Katie! She is adorable. I can't wait to see more pictures!

The Panther said...

Nice little kitten you got there. How many were in the litter?

I've been posting on here for a while and it's time I give everyone who cares a little more info on me. I created a blog to help explain everything:
http://www.smyningspanther.blogspot.com/

ashley said...

Aw...this post is sweet. Congrats to Kimmie and you, Auntie Katie!