Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Just Call Me Grinch
I'll have a real post later, but right now I just need to say something that needs to be said.
I. AM. ANNOYED.
At the risk of sounding like a complete scrooge, I am annoyed because of Christmas. I know that sounds awful but seriously, it is supposed to be a holiday about family and friends and peace and happiness. And frankly, right now it isn't. Christmas is a stressor for several reasons:
1) it is sneaking up on me and i don't know when we will find time to get our tree up and our house decorated
2) i have an ever-growing list of gifts to buy for people and have no clue what to buy them. this means i'll end up buying them something that they don't need (otherwise they would buy it for themselves) and thus wasting my money
3) i don't know when i will find time to go buy the gifts that these people don't really need/want
4) i feel over-committed during the holidays. of course you have the family christmas(es) and the friend get-togethers, and maybe a work party. that is to be expected. but suddenly i'm looking at my december calendar and realize that i don't have a single free weekend!!!! that really gives me great anxiety.
5) right after christmas, we have possibly the worst holiday of all time. New Year's Eve.
If I have offended you, please understand. It isn't any one of these things that frustrate me, it is the combination of all these things.