Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm not done yet!! {W's Real Birthday}

Raise your hand if you're sick of reading about Wyatt's birthday?

Since I don't see anyone's hand raised, I'm going to go ahead and do one final post.  For this year, anyway.  I swear I have other things to talk about, but I just don't make the time.  I promise I will soon.

Just because I had his party early didn't mean I was going to let W's REAL birthday come and go without making a big deal about it.

He woke up to a "candy donut" breakfast.  He loves donuts, and I never buy them because its much easier to decline his daily request when I honestly don't have any in the house.  But, birthdays are an exception. 

He did not appreciate us singing happy birthday to him, but he sure did enjoy his "gongay"

I had made these cupcakes the night before to send with him to school.  They aren't exactly a thing of beauty but man, they were delicious!  (I accidentally used too much butter in the cake batter ... turns out Paula Deen is onto something, butter really does make things better). 

That afternoon when we got home, he got to open a gift from his sitter and from his Lolly  before while he was waiting for Daddy to come home from work. 

Then we went to Mellow Mushroom --- W loves pizza (and his Mom and Dad do as well).  It seemed like he knew it was his special day because the boy was WILD.  Not bad, just wild.  Thankfully we went early and were sitting nowhere near other patrons so we let him act up.  

Then, we came home and he got to open gifts from us.  He spent the rest of the evening pushing around his newest 'big dump truck' and then we put him to bed. 

I'll do a whole separate lake post, but since I said this was the last birthday post I'll go ahead and include these pictures as well.  Mom stayed up late Friday night making this adorable cake so that we could sing to him/celebrate one last time!

Isn't it cute?  All Wyatt cared about was the "birthday truck"

Again, he didn't like the singing.

And didn't want to blow out the candle. 

But he did LOVE the birthday truck and the candy it was hauling!

For one last time, Happy 2nd Birthday, Wyatt! 

2 comments:

Julie and Scott Cooper said...

You can never over celebrate a birthday! :)
I am impressed with your moms cake! Cute cake and cute birthday shirt! Of course, cute boy!

ashley said...

I cried until I was 4 or 5 when people sang HBD to me. So terrifying!!! :) It's seriously a family joke to this day.