Monday, May 23, 2011

W The Wedding

Are these not the best wedding coozies you've ever seen?  LOVE them!

Such a fun and very busy weekend we had!  Ben and I were both in a wedding for some of our best friends - Taylor and Erin (aka Terin).  I particularly love weddings where both the bride and groom are college friends because it seems to bring a huge group of our friends back to town.  Its been a looooooong time since our college days so its always fun to reminisce and catch up.  

First up was the bridesmaid luncheon at Cafe Intermezzo.  When I think of Cafe Intermezzo, I immediately think of their fabulous desserts but the food is really good as well.  Anyway, other than the food the lunch was a good time to relax and chat with everyone.  Excuse the poor lighting in this first picture, but its the only one I have of the whole group.

That night we had the wedding rehearsal followed by another amazing meal hosted by Taylor's parents.  His aunt and uncle worked so hard (in the heat, nonetheless) whomping up a low country boil.  Of course since we were all dressed up, we took advantage of a few photo opportunities!

Ben & me
Becky, Tiffany, Erin holding Bella, Tracey, me, Carrie
 Saturday morning started fairly early with hair appointments for the girls followed shortly by pictures.  Both Erin and Taylor went to Georgia Tech so they decided to do all the pictures before their ceremony down on campus.  The wedding party took a trolley down to campus where we did all the pictures.  I  can't wait to see how they turn out!!


We had a little excitement on the way back to the ceremony site when our trolley broke down.  In 100 degree heat.  I guess its something we can all laugh about now, but at the time I think everyone was pretty worried but luckily the driver got it started back up and we hauled ass back to the ceremony site!  


I failed miserably at taking pictures during the reception.  (I hate that I don't have one of TErin because they both looked amazing.  (That said, I'm going to swipe one off FB as soon as I find one!)  I do think I'll blame my lack of picture-taking on the fact that I fainted.  During the wedding.  Yes, I am THAT bridesmaid.  It was super duper embarrassing, but supposedly it was fairly drama-free and hopefully didn't detract from Terin's special day in any way.  (I am only editing to include this because everyone I know has given me shit about it and I'll probably never live it down)

It was a great weekend, with good friends and Ben and I were both thrilled to be a part of it!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Katie, I was actually relieved when I saw you go down because I was about to pass out myself. It was so hot! No worries though - it makes a good story :)