Monday, March 16, 2009

GOOP Challenge

I heard some controversy over Gwyneth Paltrow's new website, GOOP, so of course this piqued my interest enough for me to actually go and check out the website. From what I can gather, it is meant to be a lifestyle website. There are 6 different categories to the site and each category gives tips on things from cooking to exercise to parenting advice. I haven't really spent much time on the site but it is somewhat interesting and I did sign up for the e-mail Newsletter.

I can see plenty of room for criticism here as it does seem to have a bit of a holier-than-though attitude. (I'm sorry Gwyneth -- I really do like you. Can we still be friends?) One thing that did catch my interest is a letter from Gwyneth about 'Sticktoitivness' where she discusses a new butt/upper thigh workout sequence. According to Gwyneth, this sequence is supposed to give you results in 10 days if you are consistent. I'm not really sure if I believe that, but I did 20 reps of each exercise yesterday and its pretty tough!

I am putting this on my blog for accountability purposes. I am not going to count yesterday's reps because I was still in the process of figuring out how to best do each exercise so I'm considering today Day 1. I'll do this in addition to my normal workouts. I'll keep yall posted!

No comments: