Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Recap

Ben and I had been planning to spend this past weekend up at the lake for several weeks now. When the warm weather finally rolls around, he knows that the only place I ever want to be on the weekends is the lake. So that's just what we did!

He went fishing with people from his work on Friday afternoon/evening. Things have been pretty stressful at his office (hello: shitty economy!) for the last few months so the owner organized this fishing excursion just to lighten the mood a bit. He spent several hours outside Friday afternoon, meaning he got a head start on me in the tanning contest. (Yes, we're 30 and still ruining our skin by tanning) He also caught lots of fish.

So he claims. (Ben, if you email me your pictures I will post them and you can prove yourself!)

Anyway, we headed up to Lake Hartwell late Friday night and were both so tired from the week that we passed out immediately! We got up Saturday and had breakfast and immediately went out to the dock. The weather was fabulous -- a nice breeze in the morning made it easy to lay out and get some much-needed sunshine. We rode the jet-skis for a while and just explored the lake. The lake has been really low the past year, so it is good to finally see the water levels coming back up. Anyway, we finished our ride and parked the jet-skis.

Somehow, when Ben parked his, he was attacked by ants! Weird, huh? Somehow I guess they had build a nest on the Sea Doo platform and they sprayed up on him when he parked. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal when you're reading it, but he seriously had about 100 bites!


Once we got inside, Ben was in a cold sweat from getting bit so much, so I had to give him a benadryl! I then rushed him to hurry up and grill our hot dogs for lunch so we could eat before he knocked out. We grilled and then I returned to the dock for the afternoon while Ben slept off his ant bites. After he woke up from his nap, Ben went out and fished a little bit in the cove before dinner.


We went to one of our favorite local restaurants for dinner that night and were disappointed to find that they had a 'special' menu which was terribly inferior to their regular menu. Oh well, we at least enjoyed a few drinks even if our food wasn't any good.

That is about all I have for you today. It was a good weekend, where Ben and I got to hang out and relax. We definitely needed the break as we spend so many weekends "on the go" these days!

Writing this post pretty much put me to sleep ... I promise I'll think of something more exciting to tell you tomorrow!

2 comments:

BWL said...

that husband of yours sounds like a huge gary

Accidentally Me said...

I really like that you never lost track of the importance of the hot dogs!!!