Thursday, September 1, 2011

grilled pizza and a few pictures from our weekend

So, I've been wanting to try to grill a pizza for a few weeks now.  I think I probably got the idea from a food blog I read and thought it sounded like it could be a fun, different way to cook a pizza.  I looooove pizza and pretty much like it any way that it comes (except for "fast food" pizza and frozen ones) but decided that we should give it a go on the grill.  Despite Ben's skepticism about the process, he agreed to help.  He's the grill master so all things grill-related pretty much have to be approved by him!  I won't go into detail about the process except to say that it was definitley a team effort but so WORTH IT. 

We stayed in town all weekend and just ran errands and did normal weekend stuff.  It was nice and semi-relaxing -- except for the whole errands part of it! 

Wyatt's favorite thing right now is to play outside.  After we get home from school each day, he walks directly to our back door and stands like this asking to go outside.  I'm not quite sure what we will do if we ever get any rain and can't go outside because this boy gets angry when you tell him we can't play outside. 
How can you possibly say no to this face?
On this particular occasion, I was able to convince him to play inside with his car for a little while.  Eventually I relented and let him go outside when I realized it was the only way I was going to be able to enjoy my morning coffee and eat breakfast. 

I'm not sure what is quite so entertaining about this but his FAVORITE thing to do when we go outside is to throw these plastic fish around.  He'll collect them all in his sand bucket and then dump them out over and over and over again. 

Another favorite thing is the dishwasher.  I can't load or unload it in his presence because he will beeline over to it and start climbing inside.  Its hilarious to watch. Sometimes once its empty I will actually indulge him and let him play. 

No comments: