Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy BIRTH Day, Garrett!

Kimmie's due date was July 28 (last Thursday) so if you know my family at all you know that we were ALL on pins and needles for about 2 weeks.  We were on call at all times, nobody going out of town or making any major plans .... that sort of thing.

And just like a watched pot never boils.  A baby never comes on his/her actual due date (or at least about 95% of the time they don't).  so that left us waiting.  Bored and waiting.  (Was this what people felt like when I was 8 days overdue with Wyatt?  Probably)

Kimmie started sending me texts on Saturday night that she was having time-able contractions.  At midnight she said she was going to sleep.  I fully expected to get a call in the middle of the night but I didn't.  Finally, she called me on Sunday morning on her way to the hospital.  All in all it was a pretty quick delivery -- he was born at 2:54 Sunday afternoon and is healthy and perfect!

Big boy weighed in at 8 lbs 6 oz (just like Wyatt) and was 22 inches!!! 

They are home now and adjusting to life as a family of four.  Ellie has apparently been wonderful with him and I know she will be a fantastic big sister.  I know she will also probably boss both Garrett and Wyatt around all the time, but that's okay!  At least it is 2 against one.  (Sorry the below picture is missing Ellie, but she didn't get to go to the hospital until Monday afternoon) 

In other news ... guess who is walking now???  We definitley already have our hands full with Wyatt and now he is going to be all. over. the. place.

No comments: