Friday, August 5, 2011

Amazon Mom

Are there any mamas out there that don't know about/don't use Amazon Mom for their diaper purchases?  If so, you need to join NOW!!

I think I got some fliers in the mail a couple of times and saw a few blogs about Amazon Mom back in the fall.  I totally ignored them at first and I'm not sure what made me finally sit down and join.  Its a free membership, and basically just saves you money (and time) in buying diapers, wipes, etc.  When Wyatt was first born I was convinced that I needed a stockpile of diapers in his closet because it is just always so inconvenient to run out and buy diapers.  Problem was, I'd buy about 3 boxes at a time and I'd always wind up stuck with at least 1 or 2 boxes leftover after he graduated sizes.  Also?  Target's return policy is horrible.  I'm pretty sure I am on their 'list' of habitual returners simply because of my diaper stockpile/returns. 

At the risk of sounding like an extreme couponer, I'm going to share one of my dirty little secrets with you: I LOATHE paying retail for something that I know I can buy cheaper.  (Just take a look in my pantry to find 8 boxes of pasta, and a lifetime supply of coca cola products and you'll figure that one out).  This is another reason Amazon Mom is so awesome.  You save 15% over their price by being a member and another 15% for choosing the subscribe and save option (you can cancel that subscription with no penalty as soon as you receive your order).  Comparing apples to apples, I usually pay about 16-18 cents per diaper versus the 23-25 cents I would pay at a retail store.  You also don't pay sales tax or shipping.

And the BEST part?  You order them and 2-3 days later there is a box of diapers on your doorstep.  Ahh, it is so convenient.  I've gotten to the point where when I am at Babies R' Us or somewhere like that I just cringe at the sight of people buying diapers there. 

This is a long post and a lot of words to tell you - go join amazon mom.  Use them to buy diapers, wipes, and sometimes even Dreft (you do have to watch those prices though - it can be cheaper at the store).  If you haven't been using Amazon before, you need to now.  You'll thank me, I swear!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I heart Amazon moms. I buy everything from there- breastfeeding accessories, bottles, toys for Emma, and of course diapers. :)

Sarah said...

I have been using Amazon Mom since Anna was born and I LOVE it!

Accidentally Me said...

I've been using Diapers.com for almost a year now...I am not sure whether it is cheaper or not, but they deliver next day for free, and it saves having to lug them home from the store:-)

Lacey said...

Katie! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just read your post and checked it out. It definitely saves a LOT of money! I just signed up and I'm going to pass the info along to Gray's sister who just had twins. I can't believe I've never heard of it before!

Julie said...

I luv amazon moms! I order all of our diapers there. I am sure you are chasing Wyatt around everywhere now! He is so adorable. Congrats to Kimmie and her family!