Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm doing good to get something posted ... don't push your luck and expect a creative title!

Once again, another weekend is upon us and I'm finally getting around to documenting our events from last week! Meme kept Wyatt last Tuesday and Wednesday so that I could work for a little while. It was SO HARD to get ready for work and get myself and Wyatt out the door on Tuesday morning! I'm just not used to getting 2 people ready but like Ben and I discussed, we will just have to figure out our routine. Thursday night was a big night for our little family! Ben and I had already planned to start weaning Wyatt off his middle of the night feeding over the weekend, but somehow on Thursday he just did it all by himself! We put him down about 10:30 or 11 and before I knew it it was 5:00 and he was just waking up! Friday night was a little more difficult for us, but when Wyatt woke up Ben was able to get him back to sleep until 5:30 or 6, I think. I say this with great trepidation, but ever since that night he hasn't really woken up for long and certainly hasn't demanded to eat in the middle of the night. I'm just hoping this pattern continues.

We had to get out the door early again Friday morning to go to work but we enlisted Ben's help this time and it actually went a lot more smoothly. My parents and sister went on a little vacation (I wasn't invited ... swear I'm not bitter either!) so I had to take Wyatt in to work with me on Friday. He actually did pretty good and I was able to get in about a half day of work before we had both had enough.

Wyatt and I spent Saturday being lazy while Ben played golf. We did a whole lot of this .... (sorry for the not so great camera phone photo)

All three of us took a little outing to the Braves game on Saturday night. I didn't figure Wyatt would do so well in the heat at the game so we just went to the tailgate, which is the best part anyway so I didn't feel like we missed much! (Ben would not agree with that statement at all but he did get to go to the game and I took Wyatt home)
Isn't Wyatt cute in his Braves gear?Ben teaching Wyatt the tomahawk chop!

I decided that I needed a day to run errands on Sunday without having to lug a heavy baby carrier with me all day, so Ben kept Wyatt while I did just that. I think I was maybe gone for an hour when I got the following email from Ben:

Guess the monkey misses momma. Been crying for an hour non stop. Nothing I do works. Allsome afternoon.

This picture was attached:
We were back to work on Monday and Tuesday and this is pretty much how it went both days:
He did great at the office and was happy to be there as long as I held him. I'm learning how to do A LOT of things one-handed these days!


Kimberly said...

Oh but we missed you SO much at the beach. Maybe next time we'll invite you! :)

The Slyes - Aubrey, David, and Harrison said...

you look presh in your glasses holding wyatt!!! so studious!

meg williams said...

way to multitask mama!!!