Thursday, September 3, 2009

randomness is all you're going to get from me today

I think this post is going to be a whole lotta randomness today. Sorry guys.

1) I really try to avoid baking at home because I tend to eat the lion's share of any goodies that we have around the house, but I stumbled upon a Chocolate Peanut Butter cookie recipe yesterday and just couldn't resist going home to make them. I found the recipe over at Mrs. Southern Bride (I think she checks in here from time to time, so THANK YOU!) They were fairly easy to make and no strange ingredients -- you'll find everything right in your pantry. So try them out!

2) Is anyone else out there watching Giuliana & Bill? Ben absolutely thinks its the worst show on TV and I. LOVE. IT. The show eerily similar to Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica, which probably explains why I enjoy it so much. And the good news is that the show was picked up for a second season!

3) As I've mentioned before on this blog, my family spends A LOT of time up at the lake in summertime. Around our dock though, we seem to have a terrible time with bees and wasps. Other bugs too, but mainly those. Soooooo, mom showed up at the lake a few weeks ago with what I think is the ultimate redneck toy ....

Is that not awesome? Its basically like a mini-tennis racket for zapping bugs. It actually works pretty well -- its a wide enough area so that you don't even have to have very good aim to zap the little pests! Of course after mom got it out of the package and put batteries in it, I decided I wanted to zap myself so that I'd know what it felt like. It HURT. LIKE. HELL. I knew it would, but its basically one of those "don't touch this plate, its hot" situations so I just had to see for myself.

4) This weather is on my nerves. I absolutely love the muggy, hot, end of summer weather that we typically have here in GA in late August/early September but not this year apparently. It just makes me sad. I want summer back!

That's all I've got today folks. And to be honest, I probably won't have much inspiration tomorrow so I'll be back with a weekend recap on Monday!

5 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Did you just say Giuliana + Bill is just like the Newlyweds? Well, first, I'd probably like the show if I'd ever seen it (because I'm a sucker for trainwrecks). And second, by making that comparison, you just told me how their marriage will fare after season 3. Guess I don't need to watch it now. =)

Erin said...

I am mesmerized the by the Bug Zapper. Does it work well on mosquitos?

Equis said...

Totally watching Giuliana and Bill and totally loving it. I loved the last episode where she gets all hyped out for a night of clubbin' and ends up calling Bill to bring her home before midnight. I did the exact same thing last time I tried to paint the town red. It's relatable right?

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Glad you liked the cookies! :D

Jill said...

I try not to bake at home either unless there is an occasion. I will eat everything by myself. It's very bad. The cookies you baked sound really good. Yum.

I love Giuliana and Bill. I just hope their marriage survives reality TV.