- When he wants to be held he comes over to me, holds his hands up and says "hold you" (ahhh ... so sweet. and its pretty rare when he actually wants to be held)
- We were looking through a costume catalog the other day and he saw a little boy wearing a prisoner costume. He pointed to the little boy and said "ZEBRA!!!". Nope kid ... definitley not a zebra.
- He has pretty much retired his high chair (which, I guess will give me a little extra space in the kitchen now). If I tell him its time to eat, or that we're going out to eat he immediately looks at me and says "big boy chair?" Its taken some punishments (i.e. - putting him in his high chair) but we're pretty much at the point where he will sit and eat his whole meal in the big boy chair. The caveat to that is that I have to be the only one in the room at meal time, and I have to sit there with him and "coach" him to eat.
- He is slightly spoiled. Or maybe naive? I'm not sure what the right word is, but every time he asks for something that we don't have he tells me to "go buy it". Here are a couple recent conversations:
K: Sorry, bud, we aren't close to the beach. We'll go again next year
W: buy beach!
W: I want cupcake
K: We don't have any cupcakes at home. Sorry!
W: buy cupcakes!
- He is a negotiator. If I am trying to bribe him with something I'll say "I'll give you 2 goldfish if you do ____" He will sometimes look up at me and say "pise goldpish" (five goldfish). However, sometimes this works in my favor as I'll offer him a certain number and he will negotiate with a lower number . (He knows how to count to 10, but I don't think he totally knows what the numbers mean)
- Another example: I usually warn him when he's about to have to do something that I know he won't want to like go inside, or leave the pool, or go upstairs for bath -- I typically give him a 5, 3, and 1 minute warning. So now, after he's had his warnings and its time to move on and I say "come on Wyatt, time to go get a bath" he will look up at me and say "one minute" or "pise (five) minutes".
- He loves his treats. And gets them pretty much on a daily basis for various things (although to him one jelly bean is a major treat). Anyway, several times a day he'll look up at me with the sweetest, most innocent smile and say "treat??" Its hard not to give it to him, but I usually wait until I need to bribe him!
- If he asks for a skittle (we have a jar in the guest bedroom) and I say no, he will say "one?" As if to say "just one skittle momma, what does that hurt?" For the record, I usually do give in to that ....
- I don't know of any nice way to say this other than that he is starting to get slightly bossy. He tells me where to sit, what cars I can (and can't) play with, etc. If I'm trying to pick him up to make him do something he doesn't want to he'll say "momma back". And sometimes, he'll tell me "momma go bye-bye". He's a handfull!
- He likes to "take". Whenever we go anywhere -- from inside to out, upstairs to down, and from the car into the store, etc he has to take something. Sometimes its his water, sometimes its his bagel, sometimes its a toy. Sometimes all 3. But he always takes something -- even to bed!
- He LOVES to jump on the bed. Several times a day we hear "Wyatt jump bed" or "I want jump bed" ... and we typically let him as long as we can supervise.
- He has an elephant's memory. It amazes me. Last night I took away one of his cars because he hit me with it. (He acted like I had killed his dog). This morning the first thing he said was "need car" and pointed to where I had left it on the counter. I gave it to him because that is the rule - he gets toys back the next day. As soon as I handed it to him he said "no no. no hit momma" At least I know that he understands why he was punished ....
- For the last few weeks, his favorite books are "Llama Llama Mad at Mama" and "Very Hungry Caterpillar" .... we read these every. single. night.
- Because I love his mis-pronunciations ... I need to keep track of them. There are probably more but these are my favorite ones ...
- Horse = ro or rody
- Motorcycle = quey or motorquey
- Umbrella = umbre-bre
- Five = pise
- Firetruck = poitruck (he cant say his f's yet ... which is good since his daddy slipped up and used the f word the other day ... AND WYATT REPEATED IT!)
- yellow = dedow
- fall down = pall down
- hamburger = hamburburber
- chicken = cinken