Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Paddy's Weekend

Is it St. Patty's or St. Paddy's?  I'm not sure but either way we had a busy and eventful weekend.

Friday afternoon was so nice and hot so we came home and changed clothes.  Surprisingly, I had to bribe Wyatt to go outside.  It went something like this:

(Me):  "Wyatt -- you want to go play outside?"

(Wyatt): Stares at me.  Continues playing with his pacis.

(Me):  "Come on outside, we can go find some rocks!"

(Wyatt):  "ROCKS??!!!"  He puts his pacis back int he drawer and slides downstairs.

He looked so cute in his green monogrammed shirt that I decided to take a few photographs.  Here is the honey badger in action ....



Somehow, I was lucky enough that Wyatt slept until 8:15 on Saturday which was awesome since I had a loooooong list of chores to accomplish.  Not long after we ate breakfast and got Wyatt dressed, my Dad came to the house to pick Wyatt up.  He went to visit Meme and Papa for the day (and night) because we were hosting our neighborhood dinner club.

I spent the morning preparing my flower arrangement.  This was a Pinterest inspiration -- I'll tweak a few things about this next time but generally I was pleased with how it turned out!

After the arrangement was complete, I spent the rest of the morning preparing twice baked potatoes (so labor intensive, but so delicious), chocolate mousse, and key lime tarts.

While we were working, Wyatt was keeping his Meme and Papa busy!




Then we taste-tested apple martinis.  Despite the fact that Modern Family says Apple-tinis are cliche, we figured we needed to serve something green.  (And really, green beer is the epitome of cliche so whatev.)
Oh, and I also perfected the art of the lemon twist.  Check this out!!!!

Then, we set up the table and got all the last minute details prepared.

Finally, Ben did the rub and cooked the tenderloins shortly before people were due to arrive.


I did not take a single picture during the evening, but it was a fun (and late) one.  Sunday we spent the day cleaning up, and getting ready for the new week!  Whew!  What a weekend.

No comments: