Monday, June 7, 2010

Our First Two Weeks at Home

Well we have successfully made it through our first couple weeks at home with Wyatt. Thank God for my mother who was here all the first week helping us out. It is crazy to imagine that a teeny, tiny human being needs so many hands! Last week, Mom was gone so Wyatt and I flew solo - suddenly I didn't have quite as much time to do things like shower, blog, and write thank you notes, and even simple things like make my breakfast and lunch! However, each day gets a little easier as I learn how to manage myself and a newborn.

We are blessed with a pretty good sleeper, so that has done wonders for our sanity! During the day, we stick pretty close to the every 3 hour rule but at night I will typically feed him sometime between 10 and 11 and let him sleep until he wakes us when he is hungry. He usually makes it until about 3 or 4 and then again until about 7 or 8 0 so we're pretty lucky. I just hope that continues. Only one nighttime feeding really does a lot to keep mommy and daddy well rested!

He is also a great eater - the boy always acts content after he finishes eating, but I'm convinced that he would keep eating if we let him! I must say that he gets that trait honest from his momma though!

Anyway. Enough of the boring details that yall probably don't care too terribly much about! Here are a few pictures to show you what we've been up to since we came home.
We spent lots of time in our bouncer seat! This gives mommy a break so she can eat her meals and do things around the house for a few minutes.

We posed for lots of pictures!

We went on our first outing to Babies R' Us. (We quickly realized we needed more pee pads because this boy sure does go through them!)



We pitched a few fits (but always for a very good reason - tired, hungry, wet, dirty, or just to let us know he wants some attention)!


We had lots of visitors -- sorry I'm not posting visitor pictures because I don't want to play favorites!

We took naps on mommy's and daddy's shoulders.

Wyatt and I also took a couple of solo outings - one to CVS, and one to Costco and we'll have to think of somewhere fun to go this afternoon for a bit! (I can't sit in this house all day -- I get pretty bored)




2 comments:

Megan said...

love these pics! i could eat him with a spoon! SO precious. and if you ever need a place to go...we're only 5 minutes away!!! we would LOVE it!!!

Equis said...

Such sweet pictures! Keep us posted as much as possible without wearing yourself out.