Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ahhhh, Spring!

I used to say Summer was my favorite season.  And it probably still is.  But so is Fall.  And also Spring.  Really, I guess that just means winter is the black sheep.  But currently it is Spring, so its my favorite season! 

Well, for one thing I busted out my white jeans on Easter Sunday (post coming later on that whole weekend ... maybe).  So that was awesome.  I will wear these clowns every.single.week.  Promise!
And Wyatt got to wear his seersucker and light pink shirt!  Real men/boys wear pink! 

As exciting as these things are, I am LOVING all the flowers coming up everywhere.  Even Wyatt points out all the daffodils as we drive around town.

First the azaleas started to bloom.  These are hands-down, Ben's favorite part of our lawn. 


Then my hycainths made their debut, are they not amazing?  I'm going to plant 3 billion of them next year.

A few weeks later, my daffodils were blooming. 

I have some tulips that are just starting to bloom. 
 

My bearded Iris is has just popped open.  I planted 5 this fall and I was so excited that one of them actually flowered this year.  My understanding is that they can take a year to settle.  Since the Iris is the Tennessee state flower, I call this my Jardin de Ben

 


I got to make a voyage to an amazing little nursery.  Between my friend Laura and I we, filled the car to the brim!

I finally got my perennial garden started.  (Don't judge it at this stage.  I actually planted more in the back there last night and I'm churching up the mulch tonight). 

My planters are starting to shape up.  Wyatt took great pride in helping out with this task. 

Maters' are planted, thanks in part to Wyatt's help. 

Herb garden is planted, another project Wyatt helped me with.  He is thrilled that he will also get to help me water this several times a week. 

So really.  Spring ... what is not to love?  Pollen, I suppose but that is the only negative thing I can think of. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I'll be
subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!


My website - bmi calculator Women