This was such a fun weekend filled with both wedding and baby showers! We got to spend time with lots of new and old friends and catch up. So nice to do that every once in a while.
Anyway, a couple of friends mentioned to me that they like my 'random thought' posts. (Not that they don't like seeing tons of pictures of my cute little crazy child, but I guess people just like variety in their lives.)
Yall. If you like my random thought blog posts, you really should get inside my head. Even for just an hour. You'd be totally entertained. I should also go ahead and admit that some of my 'random thoughts' are probably offensive to some. Not my intention, but there is usually a good reason behind my offensive thoughts. I'll let you in on one of them today! So here goes:
1) You know how you can look up your address and see if there are any criminals living in or around your neighborhood? I would venture to say this is something every parent does, and probably anyone who is looking to buy a home will run a little search beforehand. Information is power and all. So, I was thinking ... wouldn't it be GREAT if you could also include on this list of criminals anyone who does party sales for a living? (You know the ones ... Silpada, Mary Kay, Avon, Thirty One, Tupperware). Personally, I would avoid those neighborhoods just like I'd avoid hardcore crime neighborhoods.
2) Sorry. That comparison is a little harsh. But my point is: its only natural to avoid those people as they always want to rope you into coming to their 'party' and buying overpriced crap that you don't need in order to support a pyramid scheme. (I'm sure you're a nice person Mrs. Silpada and your jewelry is lovely. I just really don't want to have to think of a polite excuse as to why I don't want to come to your party and buy your stuff every time i run into you. Oh! And thank you for asking, but I also an unavailable to host a party. My calendar is planned three years out and I just cannot squeeze another event into my schedule!)
3) With all that said. I have a few rules that I live by: don't do drugs, don't drink and drive, and don't go to party sales parties. So, just a fair warning to any friend out there ... if you're hosting a Stella and Dot party don't bother sending me an invitation! Love you and all just don't love supporting a pyramid scheme.
4) Wow. I really unloaded didn't I? I bet my mom will call me and tell me to delete this post!
5) New topic! Christmas!! I really had a goal set for myself to have all shopping done by the end of October. This would give me November to wrap and decorate and December to just enjoy. And bake. Sadly, I didn't even come close to accomplishing this goal. Oh weezers!
6) Someone pointed out to me that perhaps that was just too lofty of a goal to set for myself? That is probably true.
7) Can we just for a second talk about how HARD it is to cook for a toddler? I recently found myself defaulting to mac n' cheese way too easily and that really just bugs me. Can't blame a kid for liking that junk in a blue box, but it has SO MUCH SODIUM. And all kinds of other crap. So I've challenged myself to put some healthy variety into W's diet. I don't have it down to a science yet, but thanks to the Internets things have become easier!
8) The kid is genetically predisposed to having a picky palate so I'm trying to get plenty of vitamin dense foods into him while I can!
9) Why are Honeycrisp apples so expensive?
10) Don't you just HATE when you bite into a donut expecting it to be full of boston creme only to discover jelly?
That's all I've got for today! LMK if I need to just go back to non-offensive posts of the kid picture variety? Ha.