Monday, January 17, 2011

More Snow!

I guess it isn't exactly new news that Atlanta got hit with a major snowstorm last week. At any rate, I wanted to share some pictures we took from the snow!

I had awoken in the middle of the night on Sunday and looked out the window to see our streets and yard covered in snow so all night long I tossed and turned anxiously waiting to go out and get a picture of our snow-covered house and yard. We were at the lake during the last snow and I was sad not to have taken a snow picture of our house.

Soooooo, like a child on Christmas morning I bounced out of bed, put on my new Wellies and Ben's coat (only because his was conveniently left out ... mine was in the closet, where it lives :), grabbed the camera and went outside to get this picture! It was still dark outside ... ha! I wanted to make sure I was able to get an un-disturbed snow picture.

Then I went back inside, enjoyed my alone time and about 3 gallons of coffee. I think about 20 minutes later I decided I was over all the snow and being trapped inside our house!



Eventually Ben and Wyatt got up and we hung out inside for most of the morning. Eventually we ventured out to the snow and ice. This was about the time we realized we were most likely not going to be snowed in just for the day ...
Our street was a ghost town! We live in a neighborhood with lots of kids, so I figured there would be tons of folks out but that wasn't the case. We walked around and looked at all the snow-covered houses anyway!
I can't even explain to you how excited I was to have my new snow boots!!!! Love these things!
Snow froggie
Everyone knows I love feet pictures. When we were in Hawaii a few years ago, Ben and I took a picture of our footprints in the sand on the beach in Honolua Bay -- its still one of my favorites of all time. So we tried to re-create that in the snow, this time with Wyatt's footprints added. It didn't really work out like we had envisioned, but we worked on this thing for 30 minutes so I'm posting it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love all of the pictures, and especially the footprints in the snow! Sorry I didn't make it by Saturday night...I was just too tired to go anywhere at all. Ben came home raving about your sausage dip and asked me to get the recipe from you. :) Can I get that sometime?